INFORMATION AND REQUESTS

INFORMATION AND REQUESTS.

Each week this blog will publish on Friday at 6pm Irish time. Mister Linky will remain open until 8am on Monday.

PLEASE LINK DIRECTLY to your monochrome post. If your link leads to your home page it makes it very difficult for anyone trying to visit after a few days.

PLEASE don't hide your photo(s) in a whole string of entries for other memes - it's hard for all concerned.


PLEASE post ONLY BLACK AND WHITE photos - no patches of colour and no sepia or other colour treatments however good they may look. A black and white photo with added colour will lead to REMOVAL OF THE LINK. This challenge is ONLY for black and white photographs.

Friday 16 September 2011

Friday, 16th September, 2011.

I want to thank Dragonstar for the chance to be her stand-in this week.
It was interesting and fun to be allowed to choose the pictures that became my favourites this time.
My choice is based on my opinion about the best botanical images, most unique portrait, best abstract image, image with the best reflection and image telling the strongest story.
Finally I want to give an honorary award to the creator of this wonderful blog, Dragonstar, because she deserves it.
Applause to all contributors, unfortunately could not all be mentioned.

My choice is number 9, Elisabeth (The Last Blooms of Summer); number 60, E:thos (Rutendo DeNise); number 14, David (Abstraction); number 4, Carpe Diem (Touch); number 42, Lachezar (Old Woman and Fire Wood). Finally number 3, Dragonstar (Snails).

Tommy André Nekkoy












I'd like to thank Tommy very much for making the selection this week. I'm sure you'll agree he's done a wonderful job.
I'd also like to thank him for including my photo, and his kind words. I love this challenge, and seeing all your photos each week.
Thank you Tommy!

As usual, you can click on the photos or the names above to visit the original posts. It's always well worth seeing the original photos full-size.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE COPYRIGHT OF THESE PHOTOS REMAINS WITH THEIR OWNERS.

DO NOT COPY WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION.

16 comments:

Karen said...

You made great choices!

Rejen said...

Wonderful pictures you have chosen..;D

MyMaracas said...

Amazing images. I am just beginning to explore monochrome photography, and the entries here are such an inspiration.

David said...

Thanks so much for including 'Abstraction'. I almost didn't enter that photo, but I am learning to take more risks and to try out new ideas. I always get nervous when I post. This is such a great group for new photographers like myself. :-) David Houston B&W

Laura said...

beautiful selection of photos!

Halcyon said...

Great black and whites. Love the shadows too!

Carver said...

Great selections this week. I'm sorry about entering the wrong link at first. The second is the corrected one. I won't be able to visit until later this weekend but will look forward to doing so then.

lina@home sweet home said...

Excellent choices :)

isabella kramer - veredit said...

Great choice!!! Love them all!

best regards
isabella

anemonen said...

Excellent choise! Love them.

Tommy Andre Nekkoy said...

Dragonstar; If you at any time want a stand in again, don't hesitate to ask

Candace said...

All of the photographs chosen are excellent! Thank you so much for hosting! Have a great weekend, Candace

Cildemer said...

Very nice choices!
My favs are the snails and the lady's reflection!
Thanks for sharing;o)

***
Have a nice and happy weekend****

Mariane - Denmark said...

The choices you made to put up here on the page is fantastic - Glad to see all what is going on and happy to make a little show off.

Thank you and have a great Sunday :)

TheChieftess said...

I especially like the Carpe Diem's reflection...wonderful!
But then, they're all wonderful!!!

TheChieftess said...

Did I miss the Lynksis??? I can't seem to figure out how to post today...